Garmin Forerunner 935 Multisport Watch
The new Garmin Forerunner 935 Watch
pictures courtesy of Garmin
The best Garmin GPS running and fitness watch of 2017 is now available! The all-new Garmin Forerunner 935 looks like some of its predecessors but based on what I have read this watch and do so much more, including wrist-based heart rate monitor (hrm).
This high-performance watch weighs in at only 49 grams, which is lightweight making it very comfortable for everyday wear. Some of the previous Garmin watches were a little bigger and clunky, but this one is slim, light, and sleek.
This intelligent watch will let you know if it thinks you are overtraining or not training enough. Additionally, it provides information for running, cycling, swimming, and other details such as stride and balance.
One thing that I really liked to hear was that the battery life lasts up to 2 weeks in watch mode and 24 hours while in GPS mode. I have a Garmin Vivoactive and like that, I only need to charge it weekly vs every day like other watches I have tried.
This is a sharp looking watch that is sleek and full of all the latest technology needs for most fitness junkies and athletes.
There are two Garmin Forerunner 935 bundle options to choose from. You have the option to buy just the running watch ($500) or the tri bundle which is the watch, heart rate strap, and heart rate swim strap ($650).
This watch is very customizable. You can download watch faces apps, and more to make the watch look and function the way you want it. The strap is easy to remove and allows you to modify the look and design with a snap. I have some of these features on my Garmin Vivoactive and love the options to customize my watch.
Below are the colors of the Garmin Forerunner 935 watch (black) and the Garmin 935 tri bundle (black/yellow).
Features of the Garmin Forerunner 935
- Appearance: Sleek, lightweight, comfortable, incredible screen
- Performance: Evaluates training status and will let you know if you’re undertraining or overdoing it
- Data: Provides information and data from cardio workouts, cycling, swimming, hiking, cross-country skiing, and more.
- Advance Data/Metrics: Provides advanced running/cycling data like stride length, vertical ration, ground contact time, elevation changes with a built-in barometer; altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings
- Wrist HR: Wrist-based heart monitoring lets you track your heart rate throughout the day. Pair with your HRM strap on training days, only when you want to monitor more advanced running information.
- Running Data: Records Biomechanical measurements such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time, balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio to help you improve your running technique and form
- Swimming Data: Provides pool metrics, auto lap and manual lap and syncs to Garmin’s HRM-Swim for underwater heart rate.
- Cardio Data: This watch provides your VO2 max, lactate threshold, stress score, and added Recovery Advisor with Race Predictor features.
- GPS Power: This watch has GPS + GLONASS which provides all the satellite coverage you need for accurate workout information.
- Notifications: View text messages, phone calls and more while you are your workout and train with smart notifications, music controls, and more.
- Personalize: Customize your watch with downloadable watch apps, widgets, watch faces, and more.
- Connectivity: Connect to Wifi to make uploads to Garmin Connect a breeze. You can also connect to Strava and other social fitness applications. There are additional cycling connections as well, which make it easy to capture all of the critical training information.
Below are a few more pictures of this great looking watch.
Below are a few pros and cons of the Garmin Forerunner 935. Please note I do not have one yet, but hope to pick one up and write a review this summer.
I also expect prices to drop on some of the other high end Garmin devices with this now being available.
Below are some of the Garmin 935 Specs
- Display size: 1.2″ (30.4 mm) diameter
- Display Resolution: 240 x 240 pixels
- Battery Rechargeable: lithium-ion
- Display resolution: 215 x 180 pixels
- GPS-enabled: Yes
- Physical dimensions: 47 mm x 47 mm x 13.9 mm
- Weight: 49 grams
- Battery Type: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Smart Mode: Up to 2 weeks, GPS/HR mode: Up to 24 hours, UltraTrac™ mode: Up to 60 hours without wrist heart rate
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Memory: 64 gb
Preorder the Garmin Forerunner 935
- Amazon – Preorder see it
- REI – Preorder see it
- Road Runner Sports – Preorder see it
- Wiggle – Preorder see it
- Holabird Sports – Preorder see it
- Heart Rate Monitors USA – Preorder see it
Garmin Fenix 5 | Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire | Garmin Forerunner 735
Let me know what you think about the Garmin Forerunner 935 or if you need help finding a discount!
Please note, theActiveGuy.com may earn a commission when you follow some of the links and make a purchase.