Garmin Forerunner 735 XT Multisport Watch
The all new Garmin Forerunner 735 XT GPS Multisport watch
The best Garmin GPS watch of 2016 is finally here! The all new Garmin Forerunner 735 XT may look like an ordinary Garmin running watch, but can do so much more.
For starters this watch has the upgraded wrist heart rate sensor which allows you to always track your heart rate. In addition to the wrist HR, this is compatible with cycling adaptors (power meters) and the traditional heart rate strap. Basically this watch prevents you from having to buy a running watch and a cycling computer. Not only do you get the functionality from multiple devices, but you get this all in a sharp looking watch that is sleek and full of all the latest technology needs for most athletes.
This watch literally does it all. It will help capture data for almost all your activities including swimming, hiking, cycling, skiing and paddle sports, and provides you the all the data choices you need when it comes to metrics and heart rate.
This watch not only provides all the functionality you need, but also is customizeable. Download watch faces, apps, and more to make the watch look and function the way you want it. I have some of these features on my Garmin Vivoactive and love the options to customize my watch. One thing to note is that this watch does not have touchscreen functionality.
There are three Garmin Forerunner 735XT bundle options to choose from. You have the option to buy just the watch ($450), the running bundle which is the watch plus heart rate strap ($500), and the tri bundle which is the watch, heart rate strap, and heart rate swim strap ($600).
Garmin Forerunner 735XT Colors: Black/Grey, Midnight Blue/Frost
Below are pictures of the two colors.
Features of the Garmin Forerunner 735 XT
- Appearance: Sleek, comfortable with a large screen
- Data: Provides information and data from cardio workouts, cycling, swimming, hiking, cross country skiing and more.
- Advance Data/Metrics: Provides advanced running/cycling data like stride length, vertical ration, ground contact time, and more.
- Wrist HR: Wrist-based heart monitoring lets you track your heart rate throughout the day. Pair with your HRM strap on training days, only when you want to monitor more advanced running information.
- Swimming Data: This is the first watch from Garmin that provides pool metrics, auto lap and manual lap and syncs to Garmin’s HRM-Swim for underwater heart rate.
- Cardio Data: This watch provides your VO2 max, lactate threshold, stress score, and added Recovery Advisor with Race Predictor features.
- GPS Power: This watch has GPS + GLONASS which provides all the satellite coverage you need for accurate workout information.
- Improved Notification: View text messages, phone calls and more while you are you workout and train with smart notifications, music controls, and more.
- Personalize: Customize your watch with downloadable watch apps, widgets, watch faces, and more.
- Strava Connectivity: This is the first Garmin device to come with Strava Live Suffer Score Connect IQ™ app pre-installed. This lets you know your workout effort based on the data captured.
Below are a few more pictures of this great looking watch.
Below are a few pros and cons of this watch. Please note I do not have one yet, but hope to write a review in the upcoming months.
Below are some of the Garmin 735XT Specs
- Display size: 1.23″ (31.1 mm) diameter
- Battery Rechargeable: lithium-ion
- Display resolution: 215 x 180 pixels
- GPS-enabled: Yes
- Physical dimensions: 1.75″ x 1.75″ x 0.47″ (44.5 x 44.5 x 11.9 mm)
- Weight: 1.4 oz (40.2 g)
- Battery life: Up to 24 hours in UltraTrac mode without optical HR; up to 14 hours in activity mode with GPS and optical HR; up to 11 days in watch mode, including activity tracking, smart notifications and optical HR tracking
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
Let me know what you think about the Garmin Forerunner 735XT or if you need help finding a discount!