Nike 4% Vaporfly and Hoka Clifton 1
Hoka Clifton 1 and Nike 4% Vaporfly Flyknit Update
I woke up yesterday and was browsing through some emails and one of them stood out to me. It was an email from Hoka One One stating that the Hoka Clifton 1 was going to be available for sale. If you are new to this blog, then you already know I have written reviews on every Clifton model, including the Clifton 1 review 4 years ago.
Here is a picture of the original Hoka Clifton from my original Clifton 1 review.
There is only 1 color available with this limited release (1 for men and 1 for women). The men’s color option is shown below, which is a blue and yellow color combination.
Hoka 1 Clifton Details
- Weight: 7.7 oz (size 9)
- How It Fits: True to Size (based on width D)
- Ultra-Lightweight No Sew SpeedFrame Construction
- Early Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry
- Full-Length HIP CMEVA Midsole
- 4mm Heel to Toe Offset
- Full Ground Contact Design
- Strategic Hi-Abrasion Rubber Zones
Other buying options: HokaOneOne.com | JackRabbit.com | HolabirdSports.com
Nike 4% Vaporfly Flyknit
If you are a fan of running then you should have an idea about the Nike 4% Vaporfly Flyknit shoe. This shoe has been worn by Eliud Kipchoge, who recently broke the world Marathon record in Berlin (ran a 2:01:39). He was also part of the Nike Sub 2 project and just missed running a marathon under 2 hours.
The point being, he is the best marathoner of all time and has been wearing these shoes for his fastest races. If you pick these shoes and put them on, they not only feel light but feel a little spongy, almost like the original Clifton.
One thing to note about these shoes is that they run small. I ordered a 11 and had to get a 1/2 size larger for them to feel ok. They are also a bit narrow but so light and comfortable.
Here a few pictures of the Nike 4% Vaporfly Flyknit.
Nike 4% Vaporfly Flyknit Details
- Shoe Weight: 6.5 oz
- How It Fits: Order 1/2 size up (based on width D)
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 10mm Drop
- One-piece engineered mesh upper delivers areas of breathability and support where you need them most for a comfortable, lightweight fit and feel.
- Internal archband wraps the midfoot and integrates with the laces, adding support and lockdown over the footbed.
- Internal heel counter holds your foot firmly in place, creating a stable running platform.
- Nike ZoomX ultra-lightweight foam is super responsive, returning energy with every step and propelling you to your fastest run yet.
- Embedded full-length carbon fiber plate maximizes response and speed, snapping you forward with each stride.
- High-abrasion rubber in the heel which adds durability where you need it most.
- Outsole’s traction pattern uses alternating lug sizes and shapes to encourage more efficient propulsion and a faster running stride.
Running and Fitness Discounts
- 6pm.com - Up to 70% off Running Gear
- Brooks - Up to 50% off
- REI - Free Shipping on $50+
- Saucony - Free Express Shipping code: SHIPEXPRESS
- Shoes.com - 20% off + Free Shipping
- Sierra Trading - Up to 70% off Running Gear
Let me know if you have tried either of these shoes!
If you need help finding deals on this shoe, contact me.
Please note: Purchases from this review may provide a commission to help support theActiveGuy.com.
Please note, theActiveGuy.com may earn a commission when you follow some of the links and make a purchase.