2017 Boston Marathon Registration
Please note, theActiveGuy.com may earn a commission when you follow some of the links and make a purchase.
The 2017 Boston Marathon registration opens 9/12/16.
Its that time of year again, the Boston Marathon registration is now open to the really fast runners (not me). Registration opens Monday, September 12th, 2016 at 10 am est. The registration process will remain the same as last year with fastest qualifiers being able to register first. The race itself will be ran on April 17, 2017, which is always a Monday and Patriots Day. This race is very important to me as I was fortunate enough to participate in the 2013 race. With all the events that happened on that day really made me appreciate the race, the city, the fans, and life.
For those who do not know, the qualification window for the 2017 Boston Marathon began on September 19, 2015. This means only races on or after this date can be used for qualification times.
One other thing to note was that for the 2016 Boston Marathon, the cut-off time was 2:28 under the respective qualifying requirement. This means that if your qualifying time was 3:10, you would need to have ran a 3:07:32 to have qualified.
How much does it cost to register for the 2017 Boston Marathon?
The registration fee for the 2017 Boston Marathon will cost you $185 US dollars. The cost of this race is higher than most marathons, but is similar to the cost of earlier Boston Marathon races.
When can you register for the 2017 Boston Marathon?
Below are the important dates that you need to know when trying to register for the 2017 Boston Marathon. You can use the Boston Marathon qualifying calculator to find your registration date if you have qualified.
- Monday, September 12 – Runners who have qualified by 20 minutes or faster
- Wednesday, September 14 – Runners who have qualified by 10 minutes or faster (if space remains)
- Friday, September 16 – Runners who have qualified by 5 minutes or faster (if space remains)
- Saturday, September 17 – Registration closes for the first week at 10:00 p.m. ET.
- Monday, September 19 – All remaining runners may submit their application for entry (if space remains)
- Wednesday, September 21 – Registration closes for the second week at 5:00 p.m. ET.
If space remains after September 17th, then on September 21, registration will re-open to anyone who meets the qualifying standards until all slots are filled.
If you intend to sign up for the race, good luck. I have had the opportunity to run this race 2 times, 2010 and 2013. I highly recommend running this at least once if you have the opportunity!