2015 Boston Marathon Registration
Please note, theActiveGuy.com may earn a commission when you follow some of the links and make a purchase.
2015 Boston Marathon registration opens 10/8/2014.
The holy grail of all marathons, the Boston Marathon, will open registration on Monday, September 8th, 2014 at 10am. The registration process will remain the same as last year with fastest qualifiers being able to register first. The race itself will be ran on April 20, 2015, which is always a Monday and Patriots Day. This race is very important to me as I was fortunate enough to survive the 2013 race. With all the events that happened on that day really made me appreciate the race, the city, and the fans.
How many people can register for the 2015 Boston Marathon?
The 2015 Boston Marathon capacity will be 30,000 runners.
How much does it cost to register for the 2015 Boston Marathon?
The registration fee for the 2015 Boston Marathon will cost you $175 US dollars. The cost of this race is higher than most marathons, but is similar to the cost of earlier Boston Marathon races.
When can you register for the 2015 Boston Marathon?
Below are the important dates that you need to know when trying to register for the 2015 Boston Marathon. If you are unsure of the date that you can register on, you can use the Boston Marathon qualifying calculator to find your registration date.
- Monday, September 8 – Runners who have qualified by 20 minutes or faster
- Wednesday, September 10 – Runners who have qualified by 10 minutes or faster (if space remains)
- Friday, September 12 – Runners who have qualified by 5 minutes or faster (if space remains)
- Saturday, September 13 – Registration closes for the first week at 10:00 p.m. ET.
- Monday, September 15 – All remaining runners may submit their application for entry (if space remains)
- Wednesday, September 17 – Registration closes for the second week at 5:00 p.m. ET.
If space remains after September 17th, then on September 22, registration will re-open to anyone who meets the qualifying standards until all slots are filled.
If you intend to sign up for the race, good luck. I have had the opportunity to run this race 2 times, 2010 and 2013. It is something you don’t want to miss!